New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

MacBook Pro wireless problem!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

djchub91

djchub91 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac intel core duo 2 GHz 160GB HDD

My mum got a MB Pro a few days ago it connects to my O2 router fine but accessional it disconnect for parent reason you have to got up to the menu bar ad select the access point manually to join again. I have a late 2006 iMac 17" intel that connects fine to the the access point no problem we have had the o2 wireless router for about 12 months now and i've never had problems before apart from i have to reset the box very rarely for the net to work again. so any help please.
cheers all.
QUOTE Thanks
VegasGeorge

VegasGeorge is a jewel in the roughVegasGeorge is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac, and Macbook Pro

That sounds like a defective Airport card in the MBP. I'd take it back to Apple on a warranty claim.
QUOTE Thanks
rzj90059

rzj90059 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: uMBP 2.4/4GB/250GB; iPhone 3GS

Does it happen with other wireless networks?

Tech Inventory:
uMBP 15.4" 2.4 Ghz/4GB RAM/250 GB, uMBP 13.3" 2.53 Ghz/4GB RAM/500 GB, iPhone 4 (Black), iPhone 3GS (Black)
QUOTE Thanks
djchub91

djchub91 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac intel core duo 2 GHz 160GB HDD

It only happens on the O2 wireless router at my dads house he has a sweex wireless router and it never disconnects from that, I don't think its anything todo with mb pro think it might have something to do with the router. May be the airport card in the mb is not 100% compatible with tis router.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« network problem | Time Capsule or Airport Extreme with HD »