New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus ē Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts ē Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

HTTPS Sites not loading on Mac but OK on Windows??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

The_bokke

The_bokke is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

First post on here so please bear with me. Iím a complete noob when it comes to OS X having just recently splashed out on a macbook pro after building and running windows machines for years. It takes a bit of getting used to, but so far Iím really liking it, speed, stability etc are all great. Iím struggling with one thing though:

Iím currently away on business in India and have taken my mac and my windows (business) laptop with me. Wireless networking from the guesthouse is via a static IP address and internet access is via a proxy server. Both Mac and Windows machines are configured to access the net fine, but for some reason the mac will not load https sites Ė I get a page not found or not connected to the internet error.

The same websites are fine on the windows machine. On the Mac Iíve tried Firefox as well as Safari Ė no joy, Iíve disabled the OS X firewall, no joy, Iíve deleted the cache and reloaded Ė still nothing. I will not be able to change any router or lan firewall settings as it is a corporate network. This shouldnít be necessary though as it works on the windows machine.

This is frustrating as I need access to my webmail and other secure sites as Iíll be away on business for 2 months. Skype works fine on both machines once configured to use the proxy server.

Any help to solve this will be most appreciated.

Thanks
Daz
QUOTE Thanks
The_bokke

Bump

Anyone have any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
The_bokke

Right, figured a workaround,

I've got firefox to work by manually inputting the proxy settings into Firefox's connections settings. These are exactly the same as those input into network preferences settings so these should work, but they dont. Weird as Safari will still not work, but firefox does.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Home Media Network | Connect Wireless Router to Existing Network »