External Antenna? Way to boost my MBP Wireless reception?
    Hi, first post here, been having some problems with wireless strength at my house, been looking into getting an external antenna like D-Link RangeBooster N USB Adapter but don't know if that would help or if it would even work.

I am running an airport extreme that I cannot move, and cannot alter, as it is my roommates and they are very picky about it. Is there anything I could plug into my MBP that would allow me to receive stronger signals?

Thanks for any help!

Specs:
    uMBP 2.4/4GB/250GB; iPhone 3GS
    The easiest thing to do was to place his router higher than it is now. Another option is buying and airport extreme and using it as an "extender".

Specs:
    Unibody MacBook /intel core 2 duo/ 2GB RAM/250GB HD/Snow Leopard...iPhone 4 (:
    but the airport that looks like a charger that you plug in your wall...that should help a lot!! Airport Express

Specs:
    27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankengrant View Post
    Hi, first post here, been having some problems with wireless strength at my house, been looking into getting an external antenna like D-Link RangeBooster N USB Adapter but don't know if that would help or if it would even work.

I am running an airport extreme that I cannot move, and cannot alter, as it is my roommates and they are very picky about it. Is there anything I could plug into my MBP that would allow me to receive stronger signals?

Thanks for any help!
    Which Extreme do u have the square one or round one? I had 2 round ones to get a good signal from a building 112 feet away and the first one had a Dr Bot Antenna. When i replaced them with a square single antenna 11n that unit did the job no trouble with no extra antenna.

Specs:
    Regardless what Airport Extreme you have, you can use another one to plug it into the wall within the first Airport's range, therefore extending the original network via the second Airport

Just found an old Airport Express laying around my parents house, its from 2004 model number A1084, will this work with the new Airport Extreme?

Specs:
    If it turns on and functions properly than yes it will work. I am not sure but you might be able to do this with any wireless router. Dont hold me onto that though.
    Tech Inventory:
    uMBP 15.4" 2.4 Ghz/4GB RAM/250 GB, uMBP 13.3" 2.53 Ghz/4GB RAM/500 GB, iPhone 4 (Black), iPhone 3GS (Black)

Thread Information