New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Getting around firewall/port block.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

T1tanrush

T1tanrush is on a distinguished road

I have come across a slight dilemma, I have a wireless connection however the ports I need are blocked off. Is there any easy way to get around it? I can't re-route them at all, I've thought about SSH tunneling but that seems a little messy/slow for what I need to do. I'm trying to play an online video game, and there is no possibility of opening these ports (as I do not have the password, and won't be getting it)..

Any ways of being able to get around this or do I need to find another network? If such is the case are there any good sources of internet I can come across that are relatively cheap? Maybe something like a satellite card of some sort?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I dont want my Airport to turn off | Connecting airport to a new mac... »