New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Migration Assistant connecting to Time Capsule

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jtaaron

jtaaron is on a distinguished road

My MacBook hard drive got replaced for the 5th time a few days ago, as it breaks periodically every few months. This time I got it back, was ready to go through the familiar process of restoring using Time Capsule and when I get as far as the 'Select Your Disc' screen on Migration Assistant, nothing happens, it just says it's 'Connecting' to Time Capsule. I don't know whether this is my impatience and if I should just wait? I can hear Time Capsule whizzing away so something it going on. The only thought I had was to make sure the version of Snow Leopard I had on my Mac matched the version that was on the backup; I did this and still I don't seem to be having any joy. Can anyone give my any advice?

Thanks.
Jack.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Snow Leopard Server VPN | Dropped Wireless Signal »