New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Bluetooth mouse and keyboard through KVM

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

passat4012

passat4012 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 4Gb Ram 500Gb Seagate HDD

First off thanks for all of the help I have gotten from everyone on the forum. I recently switched to Mac and I will never go back to a pc.

I know this is unrelated to Mac's. You guys have never failed me before though!!
My office has two pc's running through a KVM switch. They have been working on a MS wireless keyboard and mouse. My problem is the receiver went out on the keyboard and mouse. I purchased a new bluetooth keyboard and mouse from Best Buy. I got the Rocketfish brand. I have been using another Rocketfish set up for awhile now and have never had a problem. Anyway, I hooked the bluetooth dongle up to the USB slot on the KVM. The KVM has two USB slots, one for the keyboard and one for the mouse. When I try to use the keyboard and mouse only one of them works. The one that works depends on which USB slot the dongle is in. My question is if I get a KVM that also has a bluetooth adapter in it can I use my keyboard and mouse through that instead of the dongle?

Here is the hardware I have.
KVM Switch
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/IOGEAR+-...kvm &cp=1&lp=2

Mouse and Keyboard
Rocketfish™ - Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse - Black - RF-BTCMBO2

This is what im thinking of getting.

Newegg.com - Zonet KVM3324W 4-Port USB KVM Switch w/Audio + Bluetooth - KVM Switches

Thanks for all of your help!!!!!

Andy
QUOTE Thanks
passat4012

passat4012 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 4Gb Ram 500Gb Seagate HDD

Wow, I guess everyone else is stumped as well!!
QUOTE Thanks
kimptoc

kimptoc is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Did you get any joy with this?

I just got a 2-port USB KVM switch and plan to try with my bluetooth dongle (assuming I can find it...)

Thanks,
Chris
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Time Capusle | Sharing WiFi »