New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

using a mobile phone as a modem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kdot

kdot is on a distinguished road

Hi there, I am just trying to connect my phone via bluetooth to my macbook to use it as a modem. But at the end of the setup i get a message saying " modem error occurred. please verify your settings and try again"
any help? i am not sure what settings to change...I tried this with 2 different phones
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Depending on what part of the world you live in, a lot of carriers provide that as an extra or additional feature that you have to pay for. Your phone is probably not enabled to use as a modem.

Unless you've done it before with that phone and a different computer. In which case, I have no idea. Sorry.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Recommended BT Wireless Router For Mac | MacBook Recognising But Not Connecting To Wireless Network »