New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Mac Pro Wireless

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JmacHS

JmacHS is on a distinguished road

Hi,

My new Mac Pro has just arrived and i have recently finished setting it up with only one issue. I configured my Mac with the wi-fi card, and it works in Snow Leopard, but not when i installed Vista using bootcamp. This leads me to think that it is just a driver issue, but i am unsure how to find the correct driver (please remember that i have no internet in Vista but do in OS X meaning that methods suggested in Vista do not work). Could some one please explain how i can find the driver (i dont know anything about my wi-fi hardware) and hopefully this will solve my problem.

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
VegasGeorge

VegasGeorge is a jewel in the roughVegasGeorge is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac, and Macbook Pro

If you think its a missing driver, go to the card manufacture's website to locate and download the Vista driver for your card. Then install the driver. If that doesn't fix it, then something else is wrong.
QUOTE Thanks
JmacHS

how do i find the card maker?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

First - before you go looking for drivers. Did you install drivers from your Snow Leopard DVD? Your SL DVD has drivers for your wireless card. You should not need to install additional drivers in order to get wireless to work. With Windows Vista running, insert your SL DVD, open it with the Windows Explorer or "My Computer" and double click on "setup.exe".

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Does Apple not make a Windows driver for the built in Airport cards?

http://forums.driverguide.com/showthread.php?t=23127

http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=1014

http://www.opendrivers.com/driver/24...-download.html

QUOTE Thanks
JmacHS

thanks guys

i just had to use the OS X disc.

thanks for your help
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Outdoor App. for Airport Express | Ethernet Adaptor working - but on whose network?! »