Difference between Airport and Airport Express
    I'm looking into getting an Airport base station, but I can't decide between Airport and Airport Express. I know that Airport Express has Airtunes, but what's the difference between the two?

Airport extreme is a multi-port router

Airport express is a single port router that can be used as a wireless access to a printer and your stereo to play iTunes.

San Antonio, Texas
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    plus, with airport express, you can take your connection with you, just plug into an ac outlet and connect a cable or other connection via ethernet to it and you have wireless internet anywhere you are.

Cleveland, Ohio
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    There's also differences to the number of computers than can be simultaneously connected to each at one time and other more advanced issues including range.

If all you need is a simple, no-frills, wireless network and Airport Express should work fine.

Personally though I'd recommend an actual Airport base if that's going to be the main hub of your wireless network. Get an Express later on to have a portable base station or one that can help extend the range of your network.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Thread Information