New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Trouble connecting two macbooks to new virgin Dlink wireless network!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lekim

lekim is on a distinguished road

Hi guys, hopefully someone could help me as i've noticed some similar threads on here!

I have just attempted to set up my new wireless internet in my new home, we're using Virgin Media with D-link router. We have three macbooks in the house and one new mac desktop. I have successfully connected my own laptop to the internet (this is the one i set up the majority of the internet settings on) We have created the name and set it to WPA security with the key following the instructions from the DLink manual and as far as I can see have done everything they state correctly. The connection is perfect on my own macbook, but the other two older macbooks pick up the network successfully enter the key and both say full connection yet will not connect to the net.

They both have the message "Airport is connected to the network '..' Airport has a self assigned IP address and may not be able to connect to the internet'

At the moment this is the only thing that sticks out to me as an issue I really can't see why else it isn't working. I am not totally familiar with all this so if anyone can offer any help I would reaaaaaally appreciate it alot!

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac & PS3 | Admit One, Connection Failure to MES Network »