New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Best software to backup over wireless network

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mglinx

mglinx is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

Hopefully I have placed this thread in the best category.

I have a Macbook and Macbook Pro in the house, and would like to back them up to the 2TB external HD attached to my Mac Mini. Up until now I have created folders called 'mike_backup_november09' etc but surely there is something which will help me backup better, and maybe just the files that have changed if that is a better solution?

The key thing is that it is over the network. I've heard a lot of people use SuperDuper - can it work over the wireless network?

Not a fan of Time Machine from having read up on it...

What do people do for there wireless backup solutions?

Many thanks,
Mike
QUOTE Thanks
Lukus

Lukus is on a distinguished road

Yup I use SuperDupa. It great and will work over wireless. Better to have an Ethernet cable though as it will be much faster.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Just out of curiosity what have you heard/read about Time machine that you don't like?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Music to Airport via ethernet?? | Switch to Tiger, Leopard or stay? »