New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Wifi DHCP IP problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Rokurosv

Rokurosv is on a distinguished road

Well just recently something weird happened to my macbook. I turned on my router, booted up my mac and then I had no internet conectivity. Tried turning Airport off and back on to see if that would work but it didn't. Went to Preferences and checked the network part and I noticed I was beign asigned an IP that was totally different from the ones the router usually gives. This one started with 168 and the normal ones start with 192.

Right now I'm surfing because I configured everything in a static way: my IP, my gateway, my DNS servers, network mask. This didn't happen before. The last thing I did was to try out Little Snitch for a couple of minutes but I haven't uninstalled it yet, but I doubt that has anything to do with this. My Desktop PC is connected through Ethernet and doesn't present this issue. Haven't tested any other laptops though but I checked the configs on the router and it's set to give the right addresses and all the right configs.

I'm using Snow Leopard up to date. Any ideas why is this happening?

Thanks for your time.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Did you try rebooting your router? Turn it off for several minutes and then turn it on again. Leave the setting as "Using DHCP". Don't use a static IP address.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook pro cant connect to wireless network | always dropping wifi connection »