New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

how do i turn off arrow in airport icon on toolbar? turn off airport base stn?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

wrightm

wrightm is an unknown at this point

Hello,
My net has always worked fine...it got messed up when trying to connect with a network and now all I want is for it to go back to its normal task of picking up a wifi signal.

The airport icon on my powerbook g4, in the toolbar is greyed out with an up arrow over it.
From research it looks like my computer's net has turned into a base station for other macs. I want to get rid of it.
I read that you need to turn internet sharing off and I did that in the system pref/sharing/internet folders.....that says it is off; but when I click on the airport icon on the toobar, it still says internet sharing is on and it is greyed out.
can anyone please help!!!!
thx,
M
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Hooking up Mac Pro and iBook to Wireless | Wireless problem with iMac & Apple Tv »