How to make my PowerBook G4 a Wi-Fi access point while traveling in Europe
    I'm in Italy on day 2 of my 7-week journey. I had been told it was easier to get internet and wifi than I'm finding it to be. I'd like to get some onboard solution that ensures I can have my own internet no matter where I am, or at least most of the time. What do I need to turn my PowerBook into a Wi-Fi access point, and is it something I can get over here?? I'm currently in Viterbo and prefer to handle it here if possible, but I can get to Florence tomorrow if necessary. I have a blog (CARA HINES: the inspired vagabond - Journal) I need to update daily or at least a few times a week...and I'd like it to be as quick and easy as possible. Thank you!

13.3" Macbook Pro 2.26, 4GB Ram, 160GB HD, WD 2TB, 24" ACD. iPad 64GB 3G. iPhone 4 32GB Unlocked.
    Why don't you just get a prepaid internet stick from Tim wireless or somewhere like that? In Germany it costs around 25 euros for unlimited access for a month (some places are cheaper than that) Then if you want you can just turn on internet sharing on your Mac and others can connect as well.

Hope this helps

Lake Mary, Florida
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    NOTE: Thread moved to appropriate forum. Not just anything goes in Anything Goes
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Is it really that easy? Geez, I thought there was some $50+ mac device I'd have to get plus paying for a service. I usually make things more difficult than they have to be! Thank you for taking time to post a response.

Thread Information