New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Problem with connection, router, airport

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

drking

drking is on a distinguished road

I have had a problem for a few weeks and I hope someone can help.

Whenever I shut down my computer for the evening and then log back in in the morning, i am having trouble getting a connection and end up having to unplug/replug in the router to get a connection again. Then everything is fine for the rest of the day, EXCEPT if I have to shut down my computer again for any reason---then I have to do the same thing again. I don't think it has anything to do with my snow leopard upgrade as I've only noticed this for the past 2 weeks, whereas I upgraded long before this. Everything else seems to be okay such as airport settings, etc.

Thank you,
drking

Mac OS X / Snow Leopard / 10.6.1
Linksys router ~ Airport
QUOTE Thanks
The Night Fox

The Night Fox is on a distinguished road

If you select 'join other network' and type the ssid and password does it connect? Try remove your network from preferred networks and add it again. To do this go to setting/network/airport/advanced.

EDIT: is it that your computer cant fid your network or the network itself fails for all computers?
QUOTE Thanks
drking

drking is on a distinguished road

Thank you. It seems the problem corrected after typing my router's network address into the address bar and entering my user name and password. I don't know why I hadn't tried this before but seems this fixed the problem. I will keep an eye out for any more problems. Thanks again!

drking
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to change IP address | Network question »