New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Airport Utility - Time Capsule

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MarkY

MarkY will become famous soon enough

The other day I tried to use my printer that is connected via USB to my Time Capsule. The job stayed in the print queue and was never printed.

I opened Airport Utility and cannot read the configuration file. I receive an error (-19) when trying to read the configuration file. It didn't matter if I selected the "manual" button or the "continue" button.

- The time capsule has a green light.
- I can get to the internet no problem.
- My windows laptop and iMac can see each other.
- Both computers can see my Fat32 external drive connected to the time capsule
- Powered off the time capsule, no change in results.

I believe my next step is to do a factory reset of the time capsule. If this is the case, is my TC configuration file stored somewhere? Or will I have to manually enter all my settings again? Any other things I should try first?

For the record, I upgraded to Snow Leopard on the Friday it was released and last night upgraded to 10.6.1. I'm not sure if this problem started after upgrading to SL 10.6.

Thanks for any help.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
I believe my next step is to do a factory reset of the time capsule. If this is the case, is my TC configuration file stored somewhere? Or will I have to manually enter all my settings again? Any other things I should try first?
A factory reset will revert everything back to the original default settings so be sure to write down the current settings before you do the reset. The settings as far as I know are not stored anywhere on your Mac. And yes, a reset is probably the next thing to try.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
MarkY

MarkY will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
A factory reset will revert everything back to the original default settings so be sure to write down the current settings before you do the reset. The settings as far as I know are not stored anywhere on your Mac. And yes, a reset is probably the next thing to try.

Regards.
Idea is good, but since I can't read the configuration I can't write down the settings.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Configure Airport/Linksys Router UGH! | Mac > ADSL Router > PS3 »