New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

MacBook Pro has 'lost' Mac Pro [wireless network]

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

waltonic

waltonic is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo + Mac OS X Version 10.5.8

Hello,

Thanks in advance for your time and any help you may be able to offer me.

I have a MacBook Pro 2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo running 10.5.6 that I used to be able to connect wirelessly [between Airport cards] to a Mac Pro elsewhere in the house - sharing screens, printer, iTunes Home Share etc.

This afternoon the MacBook Pro has 'lost' the Mac Pro [it doesn't appear under Shared in a Finder window and I can't connect via Finder -> Go -> Connect to Server].

An older [first gen] MacBook Pro of my wife's will connect successfully to the Mac Pro [it shows up in Finder and I can share its screen etc.]

I've installed no software, nor have I made any settings changes on any of the computers.

I don't have Time Machine on my MacBook Pro, so I can't roll it back to an earlier time to see if that solves the problem.

The airport on my MacBook Pro appears to be working fine [I can connect to the internet via my wireless router - that's how I'm posting this.]

The Airport on my Mac Pro is working fine, too.

But the 2 computers do not recognise each other.

I have: checked that File & Screen Sharing were enabled on both computers / repaired permissions / created a new user account on the MacBook Pro [same problem].

Do you have any ideas, please, as to how I can make my MacPro reappear in my MacBook Pro's Finder window [so that I can successfully connect to it.]

I have checked View options in the Finder, too

Thank you very much again!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 1st gen iMac G5 which airport extreme card? | Configure Airport/Linksys Router UGH! »