New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

OS 10.6 - Airport connection drops every 10 minutes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

basel1987

basel1987 is an unknown at this point

Hi everybody,

I have been battling with airport wireless problem since I bought this laptop 2 weeks ago. I have macbook version 10.6.1 Mac OS X. I'm new macbook user. Everything looks perfect to me except a few things. Airport connection drove me crazy. it disconnect every 5-10 min and reconnect by it self. I called apple care, they asked me to take the laptop to another place where there is wireless connection, so, I took it to college where I'm studying now, and the connection seems to be working fine!!!! so, later I decided to call my internet provider Bell Canada. they tried to help for no reason. I tried to change from channel to channel but no point. As I'm reading the people review about snow leopard, i noticed this is considered to be as a common problem. Please if anyone has fix to my problem let me know.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Do you live in a dormitory or apartment building? Lots of other wireless in the area? What kind of construction and what's in between you and the WAP?

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
basel1987

I live in house, my airport wireless detected 5 wireless around the area. we have 3 laptop, 2 dell and one mac. wireless connection for both dell has never been disconnected. I don't know what do you mean by WAP, please explain more. My wireless security set to WPA-PSK. wireless mode 802.11b/g
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Is this at home where you are having the issues?

Is this your own Internet and not say the Apartment building Internet?

How are you connected to the Internet? DSL Modem? Cable?

What WiFi Router is providing your Wireless connect? Brands and models please.

Are you using Encryption like WEP, WPA, WPA2?
QUOTE Thanks
basel1987

Yes I only experience this problem at home.

This is my own internet not shared with any.

I'm connected through cable.

WIFI Router called Bell. here is the information: Model: 2701HG-G Gateway
Serial Number: 200919070748
Hardware Version: 2700-100618-005
Software Version: 5.29.115.5
Key Code: 52HQ-2374-62A2-22AS-32FR

I'm using WPA-PSK
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

I think it's a problem with MacBooks as well.
Had a 2.1 MacBook White, and had the same problems.
Now I bought a MacBookPro, and it hasn't failed on me once...

I'm sorry to say that I don't know the solution.

You're from Canada right... found this recently, thought you might like it...

QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

Take a look at this thread:

Major Airport Problem in Snow Leopard [problem solved] - Mac Forums

I've also read somewhere that setting a static ip can sometimes solve the problem as the problem isn't really having to do with the wifi connection itself but rather the DHCP assignment

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« wont allow me to connect | How to use two networks at the same time »