Wireless Authentication with Printer
    I have an Apple Time Capsule and a Brother HL2170W printer. My printer worked fine with the time capsule for the longest time until last night it started acting up. I followed brother's online manual and temporarily use an ethernet and the printer works fine. However when I try and set up a wireless connection it never works. I am asked my network Authentication method and I chose WPA/WPA 2 since thats what my router uses. However for the encryption mode I am given choices of AES and TKIP. For neither of those does my printer connect with my router. I understand my router uses a ASCII encryption. Someone please help.

I have an HP PhotosmartC6180, I have not been able to print w/o the wired connection. I have check and I do have the wireless port installed I run a wireless network test report and it passes everthing everthing also looks ok with the configuration summary. IP address and SSID are correct I have an authentication tupe WPA-PSK.

ink cartridges

Napier NZ
    27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S
    i have had similar issues. What i had was iMac on my LAN would scan OK but MacBookPro would start and fail with error CC028. What was happening was somewhere in MBP it had an older IP of not the newer IP that LAN was using of No matter how i tried to reset it as soon as i scanned wirelessly it defaulted back to the 0.24 one. Brother was no help and blamed the computer. Resolved in the end by trashing everything Brother, then reinstalling off the disc that came with printer then downloading and installing all latest updates. Now not saying this is your answer but it may be an area to look.

Wireless Network/DHCP/IP Issue 1 laptop connects to the internet just fine, 2 others can't connect to router?

Thread Information