New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Airport Extreme drops connection when MacBook sleeps

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

scudman

scudman is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Black, 2G Intel Duo, 100G HD, 2G Ram, OS-X 10.5.8

If I let my MacBook go into sleep mode, and then wake it up, my wifi connection to my Airport Extreme is gone. Even if I click on the airport icon in the toolbar the MacBook does not see the network. I have to restart the MacBook in order to get the wifi connection back. I have the latest update in the Airport and in the MacBook. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this issue?

MacBook
OS 10.5.8
Airport Extreme
QUOTE Thanks
deathcloud

deathcloud is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13'' Macbook Pro 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 500 GB 7200rpm HD

What kind of router do you have? Did you upgrade the firmware? What wireless encryption are you using?

I used to have that problem on my macbook pro 13" but once I upgraded the firmware and then changed the wireless encryption to WPA (you might even try to change it to WPA2 if your router supports that) and then BAM no more problems and everything has been smooth and relatively faster. Hope this helps.
QUOTE Thanks
scudman

scudman is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Black, 2G Intel Duo, 100G HD, 2G Ram, OS-X 10.5.8

Already using WPA2 encryption. Router is an ADSL unit called Billion. I can't see how the router could be the problem though as it is in line after the Macbook and the Airport Extreme. They are the ones not shaking hands when the Macbook wakes up.

MacBook
OS 10.5.8
Airport Extreme
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« problem with Belkin N wireless router? | Wireless USB Adapter for iMac G3? »