New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Share Internet Connection via Modem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

princeedu

princeedu is on a distinguished road

Hello, Im new in the forums!
I've got a question and I'm not sure if it can be done!
I've got a mac with a modem jack and I'm using the airport to connect to the internet. Now the thing is I plan to buy an Apple Pippin, which uses an 33,6bps dial up modem to connect to the internet, well... As I've haven't got anymore a telephone landline, well, I've got one but its VoIP, and its from my 100Mbps modem directly into my Telephone, I was wondering if I could find a way to program my Mac to share its internet connection to the Pippin's modem, by way of it simulating a telephone data connection.

I know it was possible with windows xp, some Dreamcast users used to connect their DC's modem to the computers and access the internet tru that, after landline IPS came out of fashion...

So... can anyone help?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wireless Detection No Longer Functional | HP 5610 Wireless Printing Issues »