HELP! Macbook Pro Wifi Issues

The last 2 days i have had some extremely frustrating issues using the internet on my MacBook Pro. It is almost 2 years old and i have never had an issue before.

The airport shows full signal and i can often access websites ( hence this thread ) but at extremely slow speeds and with many ' You are not connected to the Internet ' error messages within safari along the way. I have tried plugging the ethernet cable directly into my MacBook and the connection works as fast and reliable as it used to be. My girlfriend is having no issues with her laptops wifi connection.

I have googled this issue but can't find anything. There are lots of reports of problems with the MacBook Pro wifi, but nothing like this.

Here's some info which may help :-

System Version: Mac OS X 10.5.7 (9J61)
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Wireless Card Type: AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x8C)

Fort Worth, Texas
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Has anything (hardware or software) been updated or changed on your system in the last several days since this has begun to occur?

Since the internet is working OK via ethernet cable, we'll assume your connection is OK. It's possible the airport card in your MBP may be intermittent or getting ready to fail. Try running the Apple Hardware Test on your machine to see if it detects any problems. I don't know if will pick up on an intermittent airport card but it's worth a try.

Also check System Preferences, Network, airport settings to make sure nothing has been changed.

Napier NZ
    27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S
    Rather than just using Apple/Location set to Automatic for everything, you might find that for places that you frequent often such as Home and Work for example you set up a specific Location complete with DNS for ISP for that service, and select it, and just reserve Automatic for when u are on the road on random WiFis. See if that helps.
    Here is mine;

Click for full size

Thread Information