New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

My Macbook Airport is gone ....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

safmolina

safmolina is on a distinguished road

Hi *,

I hope someone of you might help me

I Bought my Macbook about 4 months ago and I used my Wireless Router with no problem at all.

Last week, when I turned on my Macbook, Airport was gone, even from the Network Preferences I can't add it, it's not there anymore...

Any suggestions would be very appreciated

Tks
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by safmolina View Post
Hi *,

I hope someone of you might help me

I Bought my Macbook about 4 months ago and I used my Wireless Router with no problem at all.

Last week, when I turned on my Macbook, Airport was gone, even from the Network Preferences I can't add it, it's not there anymore...

Any suggestions would be very appreciated

Tks
Are you sure that your wireless router isn't the problem?

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
safmolina

Yes, there problem seems to be related only to airport. The Airport Icon disappeared and even from the network preferences I can't add it, it's not there anymore
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, there problem seems to be related only to airport. The Airport Icon disappeared and even from the network preferences I can't add it, it's not there anymore
Is the airport icon gone...or just greyed out instead of black?

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
safmolina

The airport icon is completely gone .... Could it be because the airport driver is not been loaded for some reason?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
The airport icon is completely gone .... Could it be because the airport driver is not been loaded for some reason?
If you go to "System Preferences"...and then click on "Network"...does Airport appear in the left-side of this "Network" window?

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
safmolina

No it doesn't, only ethernet and Bluetooth. Even when I try to add (+), airport is not there anymore
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
No it doesn't, only ethernet and Bluetooth. Even when I try to add (+), airport is not there anymore
This may be a silly question...but did you try restarting your computer?

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
safmolina

Many, Many, Manyyyyy....times
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Many, Many, Manyyyyy....times
What version of the Mac OS are you currently running?

Also, what model MacBook do you have?

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
safmolina

I have a 13 inch Macbook with MAC OS Leopard 10.5.8
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
I have a 13 inch Macbook with MAC OS Leopard 10.5.8
The reason why I asked was...here's an "Update" for MacBook & MacBook Pro users who are using OS 10.5.8 and having Airport issues:

Apple - Downloads - Application Updates - AirPort Client Update for MacBook and MacBook Pro

I don't know if this will work for you, but you can read the document, and see if you want to give it a try.

Good luck. If you decide to apply the update...please post back if it helps,

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
wmprice1240

wmprice1240 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB

Use the SystemProfiler to see if the OS even recognizes the hardware anymore:

You can get there via the About This Mac->More Info route which can be reached from teh Apple Menu at the top left of your screen. Or you can simply open the SystemProfiler from the /Application/Utilities folder

When you open this, you will see a list of hardware/software items on the left. At the very top of the list you should see 'Airport'.

If you do not see this then you have a hardware issue and you will need to go through Apple support to get it resolved.
QUOTE Thanks
safmolina

You were right, when I go to System Profiler the airport card is not anymore recognized. So my only option is to go to through Apple Support?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Airport Express/Extreme and torrents | airport connection issues »