New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Connecting Airport Extreme Card

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chriswad

Hey Guys,

I have just bought a airport extreme card for my Ibook G3 800mhz but it doesnt work after i install it.

Does my Ibook support the airport extreme card???? it seems to be alot smaller than the space (or is there adaptor)

Please help me asap as i am about to go crazy!!

thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
Jefe3223

Now, it should work. I trust your instalation, but here's a link on how to install them.
http://macs.about.com/gi/dynamic/off...%2F50.0.0.html
Now, if everything is in the way that the site tells you, make sure the rest of the computer is up and running.
Under the utilities folder there should be a program called "airport set up assistant." Run this and follow everything. If these don't work, let me know and I'll run some more ideas.
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

An Airport Extreme card will not work with a G3 iBook. You need the original standard Airport card, not the Extreme version. Apple has discontinued the AirPort card, but you can still find them at various online sites and places like eBay.

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Airport Extreme Base Station and USB DSL Modem | how far?? »