New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Help for this setup

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hummelmose

hummelmose is on a distinguished road

Hi there.

My first post. And I'm a little on deep water here. I'm a IT professional, but a Time Capsule rookie.

Today at home I have to different networks, for ease lets call them 1 and 2. The reason for that, is that I have two Internet providers for maximum online time. The other day I came up with the idea that I would join theese two networks as Gateway 1 and 2, and then I could manually choose what gateway to use.

My main router is a D-Link DIR-855 which connects to my internet provider 1, and it contains my wifi network "hummelmose". It also has the DHCP delegation to my network.

My secondary network is right now used to download, and runs on a Time Capsule. Since it has it own gateway out on the internet, I would like to be able to keep that setting and only change the internal setting, and disable DHCP on that.

So my internal future network would be

192.168.1.1 D-Link - DHCP - WIFI (hummelmose)
192.168.1.2 Timecaptule - NO DHCP - NO WIFI

So I would interconnect theese two from router 2 router, but when I do that now, Timecapsule takes it IP from the LAN port and not the WAN port.

Has anyone here in this forum a similar setup. I can easy do this on two ordinary routers. But I can't see how to manually enter the WAN + LAN ip on a Time capsule.

Any ideas would be apriciated. The easy option would be to switch the two roles, but it's not an option since I use som advanced router rules on my D-Link on the network.

In advance thanks for your input
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook pro kills my network | Poor transfer speeds over wireless N »