New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Network help!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mac_gal09

mac_gal09 is on a distinguished road

Hi I'm looking for a little help about my network at work. Here's the problem:

I just got a new iMac at work, a University. We have a network and IT guys who know nothing about Macs. I know a little about Macs from my personal use, but know nothing about networks.

Instead of putting the iMac on the network with an ethernet cord (because the port would have to be reset and its the first week back to school, IT is overloaded) the IT guy decided on getting my iMac on the network via Airport. Ok.

I have to download Microsoft certificate to authenticate my user name and password on the network. Check.

I can get into the iMac with the admin username/password and get on the network and Internet. When I log out and try to log in as my username/password nothing happens. I then have to go into the iMac under the admin and find the wireless is not being recognized. I have turn off Airport and turn it back on to get it to work. However, if I log off and try my username it happens again!

What do I need to do to get it to stop doing this and recognize the wireless after a restart?

Thanks in advance!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Network Password Problems | Help a teacher become a hacker? »