New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

new iMac + Linksys Wireless-G

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macmarlon@gmail

macmarlon@gmail is on a distinguished road

I just purchased a new iMac and am trying to set it up with my Linksys Wireless-G {I have it connected via Ethernet for the time being} I go to http://192.168.1.1/ on my browser and am trying to setup a secured wireless network but am having trouble. Is there a site to help go over how to set it up and does anyone have any information. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...
QUOTE Thanks
wmprice1240

wmprice1240 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB

Hi, welcome to the forums.

A good place to start would be the sticky FAQ on wireless networking in this particular forum:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/air...rking-faq.html

The next place to look would be the documentation that came with your router. A word to the wise, always be sure to upgrade to the latest firmware for your router if there are no know compatibility issues. The Cisco/Linksys support page should have the documentation for your particular model.
QUOTE Thanks
wmprice1240

wmprice1240 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB

Also, when posting be sure to post the following:

1) The machine specifications you are having issues with. This should include things like:
a) Make (particularly the year)
b) Model
c) Memory, hard drive space
d) OS version (eg 10.5, 10.4 etc)

You can generally find most of this information by clicking on the Apple Menu Selection in the top left corner of your screen and then click 'About this Mac'

2) The exact issue you are having with any error messages/status indicators.

3) The exact model of external hardware you may be having an issue with.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Connecting old to new | Networking Printer : Airport Extreme Base Station : Laptops »