Mysterious Sharing Problem
    I'm going to try to explain this problem to the best of my ability, but being incredibly new to macs (i just got my macbook pro two days ago), I don't know all the lingo, or jargon, or whatnot.

I'll preface this by saying my room-mate and myself both have Macbooks (mine is 17" pro, his is 13" standard) and I have a PC running windows 7. I brought the macbook pro home, everything was working fine. Connected to the network, fine and dandy. Now, my room mate and I both wirelessly connected to the PC in the other room, logged into it remotely, accessed "My Videos" and streamed movies over to our Macbooks. The PC never showed up in "Sharing", we had to access it by going to Finder > Go > Network > Compy (that's the name of the PC).

Now, it seems that suddenly, the PC has completely disappeared from the network. I have hardly touched the PC, if at all it was only to move a movie from one file to another, and I can't imagine that I accidentally flipped a hidden switch somewhere... I've tried numerous solutions, and nothing seems to be working.

I'd be so glad if someone could help me sort this information out. Like I said, I'm new at this, so if you need any more information, just let me know.

no help from me.....exact same thing happened.

hard-wired PC was showing up in my new MBP. l looked at the PC and my files were also in "My Network Places". deleted them from there and now my PC/files don't show up in the MBP anymore. not exactly sure that did it.

Thread Information