New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

PowerBook - incredibly weak AirPort signal

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Eplow

Eplow is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Air

I have an aluminum G4 laptop, no longer gets airport. Tried replacing the airport card (easy kind, through the battery port) but it still does not pick up any airport signals. Any ideas? My daughter wants to take it overseas in ten days, and I would love to hvae it fixed by then.

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Eplow

Eplow is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Air

I was having trouble getting my G4 to see my airport. I am writing on a MacBook Pro, very strong signal - the airport station is five feet away. But I am still getting only one bar on my PowerBook. Any ideas? I replaced the airport card, no change. I need to get this handled soon, before my daughter takes the thing overseas. Thanks for any help.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Check to make sure the antenna wires are securely attached and orientated correctly. Go to this website and look at a layout diagram of your Powerbook to compare.

Also make sure that you have also gone over all your airport settings and that of your wireless router. It may not be a hardware problem. If you have another machine that can go wireless, test it on the same network. Turn off security from the router as a test. Use an ethernet cable while you're testing and setting router wireless options.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

NOTE: Merged crossposts

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Please don't crosspost. See my reply to you in the other forum.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Airport Utility Can't Find Airport Express via Linksys Router | Map a drive automatically when connecting to a wireless network »