New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

MacBook Pro - Wireless network appears to have been compromised?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pingwin77

pingwin77 is on a distinguished road

I keep getting the following prompt on my Macbook pro. I never get it anywhere other than at work. What could be causing this? I am running Mac OS 10.5.7 and the only apps that are open are Mail, Firefox (Streaming Pandora and facebook) and Itunes. I click "OK" then airport turns off for about 15-30 seconds. Sometimes it even asks for the network password again even though it is saved in the password spot.

This happens about every 15 min so and help would be greatly appreciated. It is driving me nuts!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingwin77 View Post
I keep getting the following prompt on my Macbook pro. I never get it anywhere other than at work. What could be causing this?
It would probably help if you told us what the prompt was.

Thanks,

- Nick
QUOTE Thanks
pingwin77

Whoops, here it is:

"The wireless network appears to have been compromised and will be disabled for about a minutes."
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Whoops, here it is:

"The wireless network appears to have been compromised and will be disabled for about a minutes."
Does the message actually say "for about a minutes"? That would be pretty bad English on Apple's part if it did!

But more seriously...maybe it has something to do with the signal strength of the wireless network. Next time you connect with this network...take notice of what the signal strength is...maybe it is a weak signal or a dropped signal causing the problem.

- Nick
QUOTE Thanks
pingwin77

Nope, I pluralized it by mistake.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Nope, I pluralized it by mistake.
I thought that might have been the case...I was just teasing!
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Do you have any control over your wireless network at work. According to this Apple discussions thread, it sounds as if this has to do with the encryption employed by your router. What kind of security is your router using?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
pingwin77

No, our IT guys has all the control and the levels are set for audit purposes to protect confidential information.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« When good Airports go bad | Time Machine Error »