New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

After The Last Update, My Airport Won't Work Unless I Connect My Mac To A Powersource

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

terzea

terzea is on a distinguished road

first i didn't know what was happening...
i tried restartin rooter, restarting modem...for many times...
i called my internet provider and the operator said everything was fine...
than i conected the enternet cable... and the internet started working perfectly...
i tried to connect to the wireless network, it connects to the wireless rooter, but the internet isn't working...
so i just plugged my macbook pro to the powersource and everything is working fine... when i unplug the powersoucer, the airport remains connected, but the internet won't work..or works verrrrry slow...about 3 min per page...and so on...
if i don't connect the powersouce, the wireless internet won't work!

i didn't have this problem before the update...
anyone else is having this problem, or does anyone know how can i repair it?
QUOTE Thanks
rebel1

rebel1 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook 4,1 2.4 GHz 2 GB OS X 10.6.8

yes, I am also having the same problem. After repeatedly checking Network Diagnostics and restarting my modem and router, my connections are spotty at best-even with power cord connection. We have another MacBook in the house that did NOT update and they are not having problems...sooo it seems as though the update is the issue. I am working on different things to try and fix this right now-with outside expert help of course. Will surely post as soon as we resolve this. Please do the same if you find a fix. Makes me very wary of future updates. Seems to also have affected my son's iPod touch too. We both wish we never updated...
QUOTE Thanks
macbookjimbo

macbookjimbo is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini (2011); iPad; Black MacBook; iPhone 3GS; AirPort Extreme

I have the same issue, but with my MacBook only not my iPhone.
QUOTE Thanks
McBie

McBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2013 MBA 13" - OS X 10.10.1

Same issue over here ..... Wireless only works when connected to a power source
When on battery ..... no luck

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem. You understand ?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Airport Extreme and Iomega Minimax | How to get back up file off screen when using time capsule »