New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Remote screen sharing

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eyounger90

eyounger90 is on a distinguished road

Hi!

I've connected a mac mini to a big screen witch is gonna show commercials and etc. And the thing is that i want to be able to share screen not over LAN, but through the internett. This is so that i can controll the mac mini from other places than being on the same LAN network.

The mac mini is connected to a different internet source than the one im gonna controll it from.

Both mac are connected through the internett.
Iv'e enabled screen sharing on the sharing tab in system preferences on both macs.

Can anybody help me?
QUOTE Thanks
fletch33

fletch33 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz

you have a few options and some are free and some will cost ya:

1. my favorite by far is to have an apple router and a mobile me subscription. this has costs but actually allows you to see your mini in "shared" in finder no matter where you go. you can then not only screen share but also drag and drop files. there are a ton of great features for mobile me but this is one of the best in my opinion.

2. you did not mention what you would be using to connect to your Mini as far as if it is a windows machine or another mac etc... so i recommend you check out this wiki page and then come back if you have questions.

good luck

"i believe louisiana is the pelican state"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Airport Extreme Flashing Orange | Little Snitch deleted but OS X is looking for it ? »