New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Poor Man's VFN

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tommytoes

tommytoes is on a distinguished road

I'm trying to share a folder on an ftp site with a PC and a Mac. Folder permissions have been set to read and write for both users. The PC (running Windows XP) can log in, read and write however the Mac (running OS 10.5.4) on an iMac can login and only read. We need to be able to transfer files through this folder to make life easier. Any ideas about the Mac?
QUOTE Thanks
wmprice1240

wmprice1240 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB

What hardware/OS is the FTP server running on? More specifically, what is the underlying filesystem type (ext2fs, ext3fs, NTFS)?
QUOTE Thanks
wmprice1240

wmprice1240 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB

I thought this might be the issue:
Mac OS X 10.2 or Later: Cannot Copy to FTP Servers in the Finder

Note, the page also provides alternatives as well. CyberDuck is a decent, free FTP client.
QUOTE Thanks
tommytoes

tommytoes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmprice1240 View Post
I thought this might be the issue:
Mac OS X 10.2 or Later: Cannot Copy to FTP Servers in the Finder

Note, the page also provides alternatives as well. CyberDuck is a decent, free FTP client.
Thanks for your help. That explains exactly what I got and I am using An FTP client such as FZ with no problems. This is a great forum!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Airport Extreme with Rogers | MAC capable security system with DVR »