Specs:
    27" iMac Intel Core i7 2.93 GHz 12GB RAM
    Question Airport Extreme with Rogers
    I purchased a nifty Airport Extreme for our network of Macs and 1 (lowly) PC. Setup was great. However our newest MacBook is experiencing all sorts of connectivity /speed issues. I have gone through every trouble shooting tip in the book. To no avail. The MacBook in question works well at times - and then does not. I have reset the cable modem - reconfigured the Airport etc...

In fact, if I put the MAC in question beside another one of our machines I get very low speed test results on the troubled Mac while the one beside it downloads well (9 Meg.).

So I am wondering if anyone can help me verify that I have the proper settings for my MacBook & AirPort Extreme.

Very odd issue....

Specs:
    MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
    Are you using the wireless connection on the new Macbook? Have you tried plugging the new MacBook directly into the router? Sounds like there may be some interference if you are indeed using Wifi.

If so, you may want to configure the AEBS to use Interface Robustness to eliminate interference.

That's all I can think of for now. Also, if you are using wireless, are all of your computers using wireless N? You may need to configure this as well.

Specs:
    27" iMac Intel Core i7 2.93 GHz 12GB RAM
    AirPort Extreme Issues
    Quote Originally Posted by wmprice1240 View Post
    Are you using the wireless connection on the new Macbook? Have you tried plugging the new MacBook directly into the router? Sounds like there may be some interference if you are indeed using Wifi.

If so, you may want to configure the AEBS to use Interface Robustness to eliminate interference.

That's all I can think of for now. Also, if you are using wireless, are all of your computers using wireless N? You may need to configure this as well.
    No I have not - but will. I was on the phone with Apple Tech support this past Friday. They believe it is the Airport card in the one machine that is having trouble. Thanks for responding.

Thread Information