Specs:
    15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
    How to detect intruders on wireless network ?
    My internet connection is usually very fast, and the only variable I can think of right now is that I had accessed my Airport extreme with my new iPhone earlier by using wi-fi for it. I entered its WPA2 password obviously, and remembered it for future use as well. The Wi-fi on the phone is currently off, but internet speeds are extremely slow. I've restarted the Mac, my router and modem and even the built in Airport. Nothing has taken.

I'm curious if anybody is snooping on my network now and would like to know of any utility which can see such activities. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Doug

Specs:
    -->
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug b View Post
    My internet connection is usually very fast, and the only variable I can think of right now is that I had accessed my Airport extreme with my new iPhone earlier by using wi-fi for it. I entered its WPA2 password obviously, and remembered it for future use as well. The Wi-fi on the phone is currently off, but internet speeds are extremely slow. I've restarted the Mac, my router and modem and even the built in Airport. Nothing has taken.

I'm curious if anybody is snooping on my network now and would like to know of any utility which can see such activities. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Doug
    Well, I doubt anyone is on as most people don't hang around in neighborhoods and crack encryption these days. They go for the many open networks and leave the encrypted ones behind.

You can log into your router to see what IP addresses have been given out via DHCP. Match the mac address to your machine and iPhone and that will be a good place to start. You could get into sniffing tools if you have experience there.

Thread Information