New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Internet issue after last Mac update on 07/15

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eyedantt

eyedantt is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I'm having a weird problem with my internet ever since I did the Mac updates for Java, Bluetooth and Safari on 07/15.

After every restart of my Mac, I can't connect to the Internet anymore. Then, I need to call Customer Service of Time Warner Cable and have them reset my cable modem from their end. After that I'm connected to the internet again until my next restart.

Additional Info:
My iMac 20" runs with Leopard 10.5.7 and is directly connected to the cable modem. No wireless router or anything like that.
I didn't install any other third party software lately or anything at all.
I also didn't make any changes in my network settings.
The problem started the day after I ran the Mac updates (See above).
Time Warner checked my modem multiple times and says it works and I even see a solid "Online" light.
All cables are connected correct and are in good order.

I appreciate any kind of help.
Can anyone give me a hint about what I could try on my end?

Thank you

Daniel
QUOTE Thanks
eyedantt

eyedantt is on a distinguished road

Problem solved. Time Warner admitted, that they were having a big issue in the whole neighborhood and they sent technicians to pretty much everybody to fix this problem.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Connecting MAC OS X 10.5.7 to WIN XP Home | Linkysys wcg200cc (comcast) »