remotely accessing a pc from a mac or iphone
    Hello,

Would anyone know if this is possible:

I have a PC computer at home and would like to use my mac laptop to remotely access it when abroad. Is this kind of cross platform use possible?

If so, would i have full functionality of the pc? It would be running over a bradband connection at both sides?

Finally, i also have a iphone and i have heard it may be even possible to access the pc from this too. Once again assuming i have a good spped connection at both ends would i still have full functionality of the remote machine? i.e does the iphone act as basically a screen?

Thanks for any help

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    Have a look at the free version of logmein. It's secure and allows access over all internet connections. There's a mac and pc client.

You can access this on your iphone in Safari for free for occasional use but the iphone app(not free) is far superior if you're using it frequently.
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Thanks, if i did it via my iphone would it work just like a computer i.e be able
    to run programmes from my iphone? So basically i would just be viewing my computer through the iphone screen?

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    Through the standard interface in safari you are a little limited to what you can do as you don't have access to keyboard shortcuts, right-clicking etc, there's also an issue of scale.

But fundamentally you can do everything you would normally do sat in front of your pc/mac.

The benefit if the native app is that you have access to dedicated controls and you can scroll around the screen and generally navigate much faster and easier.
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Thread Information