Specs:
    13" White MacBook, 2.13 GHz, 2gb, 160gb HDD
    Sites loading slowly
    I realize there's already another thread where another user is having the same problem but I thought I'd post my own and tell my situation. I just got my 13" white MacBook (late 2008 model) 3 days ago and first thing I did was setup wireless internet through my Actiontec GT704WG DSL modem that I'm using with Qwest. I have a 3Mbps connection. Sites are loading pretty slow for me. Downloads are fine but it's annoying waiting for a page to load. The other PC's in my house don't have this problem, just me with my MacBook. And I recently took my MacBook out to a coffee shop with free WiFi and the wireless worked fine (pages loaded very quick).

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    Sounds like a DNS issue with your MacBook. Make sure you have the correct primary and secondary DNS addresses in your airport settings.

System Preferences -> Network -> Advanced -> DNS tab. Grayed out setting is your router (ignore it). The next two are what you need to make sure match what your ISP is using and what your router is setup to use.

Regards.

Specs:
    This may sound stupid, but, where do I find the DNS information?

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    Quote Originally Posted by MtReload View Post
    This may sound stupid, but, where do I find the DNS information?
    Your ISP (internet provider) will have what DNS settings their servers use. Sometimes the ISP will automatically generate a DNS address negating any action on your part. Give their tech support a call and ask.

If your ISP gave you a router, find out from them how to access the router setup menu and what settings are required. Nowadays, most internet providers use automatic settings, however, the problem with that is it doesn't always work. Windows seems to do much better at wireless auto settings than OS X, at least that has been my experience.

When you call them, try to get someone on the line who understands Mac computers and OS X.

Regards.

Specs:
    So after much hassle, everything seems to be loading at a decent speed now. Although I'm not sure if that's a fluke yet or not, lol. The Qwest tech support lady insisted it was something wrong with my MacBook and that I should get it checked out (even though it's only a week old). She also insisted she knew quite a bit about Mac's and that she WAS the Mac tech support although she had no idea where the DNS settings were in Airport until I told her (advanced button under network). After much persistence and yelling on my part about seeing if it's the DNS settings that's the problem, she finally gave in and gave me a DNS server to put in and it seemed to work alright.

Thread Information