Unhappy How to use two networks at the same time
    Since i have two wifi adapters and two different numbers, is there a way i can use both of the connections at the same time on my mackbook pro?

^upup

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Sure, but you're going to have trouble directing traffic over one connection instead of the other. Your network-connected apps won't be sure which to use.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
    This is definitely possible.

I frequently have to do this at work where access to our internal network needs to be on my ethernet connection, and connectivity to the outside work runs through my Airport card.

Typically this type of setup is done when you want to see two disconnected networks (as explained above) on the same machine.

Sure. It is done all the time. You can have as many different connections as you have adapters, either wireless, ethernet or usb/ethernet/wireless. I use one connection to to go only the Internet and another to get to the other machines in my house that I don't want the Internet to be able to see. Two totally different networks that are only connected at my Mac.

Konan

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    Sure, but you're going to have trouble directing traffic over one connection instead of the other. Your network-connected apps won't be sure which to use.
    I think the order of the network adapters in the list under system preferences > network is what determines it. But yeah, unless a website isn't available through the first wifi connection, nothing will be sent over the second network adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Sure. It is done all the time. You can have as many different connections as you have adapters, either wireless, ethernet or usb/ethernet/wireless. I use one connection to to go only the Internet and another to get to the other machines in my house that I don't want the Internet to be able to see. Two totally different networks that are only connected at my Mac.

Konan
    Hi,

Can you explain a bit how this is done. I'm thinking of the routes you need to set up.
    What you describe is exactly my situation :
    - ethernet on a 172.30/12 local network for mail, fileserver etc.
    - wifi on a 78.250/12 network (personnal open wifi) for internet

I'v currently set up the order of my networks so that wifi is in the first place. You can imagine that, without the correct routes, my local network can't reach ie my local outlook server.

What operations/configurations has to be done in order to work ?

A little up !

Anyone ?

Made it work in Leopard
    Problem:

Need to browse on wireless network.
    Need to print on a different, wired network.

Solution:

System Preferences - Network

1. Create a new location - not default - for the place where I have this problem.

2. Make sure to plug in both the cat 5 ethernet cable and enable the wireless connection.

3. On bottom of left hand side of Network Settings window (right above the lock icon) - click on the configuration button and choose Set Service Order

4. Apply

5. Test it

Specs:
    many
    Depending on your router you can use some as a proxy server. After that just go into advanced network and specify which proxy to use for each protocol like http etc...
    Have a nice diurnal anomaly

Quote Originally Posted by Egg View Post
    Depending on your router you can use some as a proxy server. After that just go into advanced network and specify which proxy to use for each protocol like http etc...
    This has nothing to do with proxies.

There is a similar thread where I explained how to do it here:
    http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/air...rate-them.html

Tex

Thread Information