Thread: Wifi Problems

Wifi Problems
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section
    I have a new macbook and I'm having wifi problems. It says I have full wifi but it barely works if it even does. I have all the newest updates and use safari/firefox. I know its not my wifi because I have tried multiple wifi sources and its all the same. Thanks for any help
    I just got a mac so I will be asking dumb questions.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Can you describe the issues you are encountering a little bit more? You mentioned that it "barely works if it even does". Does that mean it's slow, pages don't load, you don't get an IP address, password isn't accepted, connection is inconsistent, etc?

Also, tell us a little bit about the kind of wireless access points you're testing with.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    Can you describe the issues you are encountering a little bit more? You mentioned that it "barely works if it even does". Does that mean it's slow, pages don't load, you don't get an IP address, password isn't accepted, connection is inconsistent, etc?

Also, tell us a little bit about the kind of wireless access points you're testing with.
    It's really slow, and about every hour or two for like 15 minutes I can't load anything but my wifi signal bar still says full. I don't know about the IP address how would I find that out? My passwords are still saved.
    I tested it on my mine ( i know it worked because I tested it on my old laptop) my neighbors who says theirs work fine, and a carribous coffee and all did the same with super slow internet while showing full bars.

Specs:
    At each of the WiFi connections, are they using any kind of security (i.e. do you have to enter a password)?
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

At each of the WiFi connections, are they using any kind of security (i.e. do you have to enter a password)?
    yes I had to use passwords for both mine and my neighbors but I know I entered the right password

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan491 View Post
    yes I had to use passwords for both mine and my neighbors but I know I entered the right password
    Are any of the networks that you're having trouble with unencrypted? Also, what kind of encryption are they using (WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc?)

Are any of the networks that you're having trouble with unencrypted? Also, what kind of encryption are they using (WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc?)
    Sorry I don't know, but I have an appointment with apple tomorrow to ask them about it so I'll post on here what they say.

Thread Information