New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

AirPort Utility suddenly won't connect to network, worked fine before

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

NoBullets

NoBullets is on a distinguished road

It's really frustrating, because I've tried a number of things and I still can't get it to work. Basically, I had wireless internet connection working just fine, the router (Linksys, if it matters) just a few rooms down like it always is. I left my MacBook Pro on for a while and when I checked back on it a few hours later, the internet was no longer available.

Every other computer in my house is connected to the network fine, so I know it's not the router or my internet connection. Every time I select my network using the AirPort utility drop-down menu at the top right of my screen, it prompts for my network key, but every time I click on connect it just says "connection failed", and when I open up the actual Utility it just prompts me to rescan a bunch of times, stating that no apple devices were found.

It doesn't make any sense to me, expecially sionce I've had absolutely no problems for the almost two years I've owned my MBP. I've tried restarting my computer and my router but to no avail. It just suddenly stopped working last night and I'd really like to get it working again, any help I can get here would be deeply appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Internet Problems :( | How would you set this network up with Apple's time capsule? »