New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Internet Problems :(

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JPrice

JPrice is on a distinguished road

Posted this in another part of the forum and think it was supposed to go here - sorry!

Anyways.. Im on a Macbook with 3 other PC's sharing the family internet.

My connection has never been great but I think i might have found one of the problems today.

It seems that when i try to load pages with lots of pictures or something heavy like this, then it cuts the connection.

Would be amazing if anyone can give me some help.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Sorry, but we'll need a little more information about your Internet connection. For example, is it DSL or cable? What's the bandwidth of the connection? Are you using a wireless router (or any router at all)? If so, what brand, make and model is it? What version of Mac OS X does your MacBook run?

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
dadsgravy

dadsgravy has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4

I used to have this problem way back in the day. I fixed mine by changing from WEP to WPA2. Has worked like a charm ever since. Worth a quick try maybe? And if you are using WPA or ethernet, then there's a whole other something going on.

Post your info and I'm sure plenty of people will be eager to help.
QUOTE Thanks
nashspinner

nashspinner is on a distinguished road

I did a clean install of Leopard 10.5.6 that went with the Mac boxset. Install was good but when I configured my airport I was asked for a password for the apple network. My adimistrator password wont work and I havent set any other password except for admin. Now I couldnt get my airport to work. What am I missing?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashspinner View Post
I did a clean install of Leopard 10.5.6 that went with the Mac boxset. Install was good but when I configured my airport I was asked for a password for the apple network. My adimistrator password wont work and I havent set any other password except for admin. Now I couldnt get my airport to work. What am I missing?
I assume you're trying to connect to a wireless network. You'll need that network's password. You may not be aware of it, because once you enter the password once, you're usually not prompted again. Check with the administrator of the wireless router.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Airport cannot detect an IP address from my wireless modum | AirPort Utility suddenly won't connect to network, worked fine before »