Problem saving my network
    Every time I turn on the mac or wake it up from sleep, the airport is not automatically connected, it asks me to select my preferred network. The "remember this network" is checked. The option to "remember any networks this computer had joined" is checked under system preference.

I am really stuck. I don't know what else to do. Anybody please help!

Have you, by chance, moved your System Preferences app from the default location in the Apps folder to somewhere else, like a subfolder?

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Specs:
    27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S
    Have you ordered the sequence of Networks - u can drag them to change the order

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
    Have you, by chance, moved your System Preferences app from the default location in the Apps folder to somewhere else, like a subfolder?

No, the apps are always in the app folder. I never move them to another folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Collin Bl View Post
    Have you ordered the sequence of Networks - u can drag them to change the order
    The strange thing is, there are two networks in my preferred network box, and they are both the same. I tried to delete all of them before and manually added my network, the next time I go there I always see two of them.

Specs:
    Try going into your prefs and dragging this/these files to desktop then reboot and reset your network to create a new file. If there is a problem with that you can always replace the file you dragged out. See here;

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

If Collin's idea doesn't work, also try opening up the Keychain Access app and delete the item that is the "Airport Network Password" (under the "kind" column).

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Is the "Disconnect from wireless networks when logging out" checked on System Preferences, Networks, Advanced page?

Uncheck that and order your networks on that page so that the one your airport is the first one listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Collin Bl View Post
    Try going into your prefs and dragging this/these files to desktop then reboot and reset your network to create a new file. If there is a problem with that you can always replace the file you dragged out. See here;

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch
    I don't have the file .com.apple.internetconfig.plist under my preferences?

Quote Originally Posted by Patronus View Post
    Is the "Disconnect from wireless networks when logging out" checked on System Preferences, Networks, Advanced page?

Uncheck that and order your networks on that page so that the one your airport is the first one listed.

Yes, that option is unchecked all these time.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
    If Collin's idea doesn't work, also try opening up the Keychain Access app and delete the item that is the "Airport Network Password" (under the "kind" column).
    Tried that one too...and that was actually what started the problem...It all started when I entered a wrong password and saved it, so deleted the Airport Network Password in keychain, then reconnected to my network again with the right password..

At first, I had to enter the password every time before I join the network, now it keeps my password, I just need to hit "join" and let it connect to internet.

Thanks for everybody's help! But I 've tried everything you guys suggested and everything I can think of...I guess I'll just have to bear with this extra step or reinstall my system...thanks everyone...

Specs:
    When u were looking for that plist file, were you in the root Library or the User Library

Thread Information