Thread: Airport Extreme
05-26-2009, 05:29 PM #1
- Member Since
- Aug 20, 2005
- Redlands, CA
- Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
Ok, so I'm thinking about getting a Airport Extreme, and have a few questions.
1) Are the Ethernet ports 10/100/1000 ?
2) Can I setup MAC based access with WEP or WPA security?
3) Does it support uPnP ?
4) Can I setup IP reservations for my other devices? iPhones, Laptops, Servers, etc..
5) Does it support Port Forwarding?
6) Can I plug in a External Drive and use it as a Time Machine backup device?
I think that is about it for now. If your wondering why I want MAC based access, it's just a habit for me, as I use it on all our Cisco AP's at work.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By nadir187 in forum Internet, Networking, and WirelessReplies: 3Last Post: 06-25-2011, 08:02 AM
By piticlin in forum Internet, Networking, and WirelessReplies: 1Last Post: 01-20-2010, 01:48 AM
By StevenH in forum Internet, Networking, and WirelessReplies: 3Last Post: 03-14-2008, 05:00 PM
By mtimberg in forum Internet, Networking, and WirelessReplies: 6Last Post: 05-24-2007, 12:52 AM