New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Airport Disappeared

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Blagodarim

Blagodarim is on a distinguished road

I bought a brand new Macbook ($1299) 4 days ago from Best Buy. I installed some new updates right away but not the most recent update (I was planning to do that today).

As I was listening to a song on my iTunes, the macbook froze and I mean PC-style. The song kept skipping and the mouse cursor wouldn't move. I shut down and restarted the computer and noticed the internet wasn't working and that the menu was missing the airport button. I went into system preferences, network, and clicked the part so the airport button shows up. The button showed up but it said something like "no airport card". I went to utilities to run airport utility but it couldn't find the card.

Not knowing what to do, I did a complete erase and install but that didn't fix the problem. Not only does the airport button not show up in the menu, the airport doesn't even show up in Network.

Can someone tell me what the problem is and how I can fix it? The macbook is new and I haven't even taken it out of my room yet.

Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Return the machine to Best Buy and ask for a replacement. Since it's new, it's still under warranty. My guess is the airport card (chipset) has failed.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« VNC through Comcast Modem and Belkin Router | Ethernet Controller & PCI Device »