New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

how to change IP address on MacBook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

justwondering

justwondering is on a distinguished road

Here's my Question:

My Gmail, hotmail, and facebook were all hacked by someone who is blackmailing me. I am hesitant to get involved with the police allthough I am scared. Everytime I make a new account he seems to get the password superfast, regardless of what the password is. He must have some insane hackers software. How do I get this guy off of my computer and get my privacy back? Should I reset my IP address, because I am pretty sure that he has it, or what else can I do? I will do anything, this situation is out of control.
I deactivated my facebook and he re-activated it. I finally figured out how to delete it. I can't delete my hotmail, it wont delete until it's been enactive for a certain ammount of days, which will never occur if he keeps going on it and sending people emails from "me." I keep changing (gmail) email addresses which is extremely annoying.

any suggesstions of how to get him out of my computer?
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

You really need to go to the police. but thats just my opinion. As far as your computer I would say you have a keylogger installed on your machine. It is a software program that keeps trac of everything you do on your computer then sends this info to someone.

I wish I could tell you a sure way of getting rid of it other then doing a complete wipe of your hard drive and a fresh install of your operating system. You would lose all info on your computer ! Hopefully someone smarter(there are alot of them here) then me will have a better way to fix this.

Good luck
Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

You really need to do a complete clean install and check for all dodgy software using a spyware scanner, and try and change routers too. Change your routers security key to the highest possible encryption after you've made the new install.
I agree you must have a keylogger somewhere, but only you will know how it's been possible for this person to get to your computer, which they will need to have done. Are you in a place where others have access?
You should go to the police.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
McBie

McBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2013 MBA 13" - 10.9.3 & iPad - iOS 5.1

Without knowing more detail on your existing technical environment it is not possible to give decent feedback except ...... inform the police.

I believe that every country by now has a " privacy law ".

Cheers
McBie

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem. You understand ?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Also, make sure that you are not using "weak" passwords.

"Weak" passwords are those that contain easily guessed words (like the names of your friends, family, pets, etc). Also passwords that are of the same case (all upper-case or all lower-case) and don't have special numbers or characters.

An example of a strong password would be:

D0n+5h00T+h3M3ss3nG3R

That spells out "Don't Shoot the Messenger", so it's easy to remember, but it's filled with special characters, numbers and change of case. It would take a very long time to crack a password like that.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Occulus Verum

Occulus Verum is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP

The person is using a key logger either remote or fixed or is using your router or wireless router to embed the key logger. In order to correct the problem, you have to abandon everything you are using now both physical and virtual. Get a different service provider with different equipment, get a new system, and get all new accounts. While your waiting for everything to take effect, you could use a non-attributable system.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occulus Verum View Post
The person is using a key logger either remote or fixed or is using your router or wireless router to embed the key logger. In order to correct the problem, you have to abandon everything you are using now both physical and virtual. Get a different service provider with different equipment, get a new system, and get all new accounts. While your waiting for everything to take effect, you could use a non-attributable system.
LOL, Riiiiight.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac doesn't ask for password | Cannot access Internet in wireless (Airport) »