New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

New Time Capsule?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

HAH

HAH is an unknown at this point

I hear rumours about a new Time Capsule coming. Is my local store slow regarding this and is it the new version I can get from the Apple online store or can anyone here confirm these rumours?

24" iMac (3,06GHz, 4GB) with a Windows XP SP3 Boot Camp
13" MacBook (2,4GHz, 2GB)
iPhone 3G (8GB)
QUOTE Thanks
wmprice1240

wmprice1240 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB

The current version of Time Capsule is the 'new' one. It was released a few months ago. So, the one on the Apple store is the one you want.

Typically, when Apple updates a product they remove the old inventory, so, if you are purchasing from your local store you will most likely get the new one. However, it's always best to check.

One of the features in the new TimeCapsule that could identify it would be the guest network feature that allows you to setup a separate network for guests that doesn't allow access to your private network. This feature is not in the older product.
QUOTE Thanks
HAH

HAH is an unknown at this point

Sounds great. Then it's the one I want. However, before I buy it I have a question.

My girl friend uses a PC laptop running Vista. I understand that I need Bonjour in order for the network to work on her PC. I use MediaLink to stream my iTunes music to my PS3 via my Wi-Fi network. Does PS3 work with the Airport Wi-Fi that Time Capsule use?

24" iMac (3,06GHz, 4GB) with a Windows XP SP3 Boot Camp
13" MacBook (2,4GHz, 2GB)
iPhone 3G (8GB)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Airport drops when using Ethernet | wireless internet is keep disconnecting »