How do I track down 2.4GHz interference source
    This is driving me mad. Wireless is dropping out ever 1-2 minutes. This is the third time I've written this. I keep losing it when I try to post it as the connection's dropped out.

It's not the computer, it's not the modem, I've changed the channel, it's not interference in my house (unless it's the blue tooth mouse). It must be from outside somewhere. How do I track it down?

Fort Worth, Texas
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Interference from an outside source may be hard to track down especially if you live in a condo or apartment building. You stated that you changed channels - how many have you tried? Is there any particular time of day that the interference occurs?

If the interference is coming from a strong source (medical equipment for example) it may not be possible even with changing channels to overcome it. You may wind up having to use an ethernet connection instead.

Lastly, make sure the problem is being caused by interference. Have you tested your machine in another location?

Napier NZ
    27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S
    Are u on Cable or DSL? Is it stable on ethernet? What wireless unit are you using? Can u try it on 802.11n 5GHz to see if you still get drop outs. How do you know it is not the modem? How do you know it is not interference in your house? Usually forum folk can help but info on your set up is important as is basic troubleshooting. Until you get it sorted write messages off line in Text Edit and paste it in.

Thread Information