New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Airport Express Problems Setting Up

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AW2007

AW2007 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I have a Macbook that I purchased 2 years ago, and realise that the OS System is a bit older then the new interfaces (I have run all the software updates throughout the years that I am prompted for)...

When I purchased my macbook I also bought an airport extreme to use as my wireless router at home. However, about 2 weeks ago, i got problems with it saying "PPPoE not found".... so basically I reset, tried to fix it all again and it failed... eventually in frustration I purchased an Airport Express to use at home.

I went home quite optimistic that it would solve my problems and end the frustration. However, when I plugged it into my modem, the light just keeps flashing Amber.... then I went into Airport Utilities and it found the airport express BUT when I went in to change the settings (i.e. give it a name, enter security, enter internet connection username and passwords etc) I realised that the version on my computer of Airport Utilities was out dated for this new airport express. So I went to the Apple Support website and downloaded the new software.

After this, I opened the new software and I selected "Create new wireless network".. it all worked fine, i could enter a network name, password, but then it asked me for a prompt "Continuing will make the amber light on the express flash, to avoid press ignore" (something like this)... the problem is, there was no continue key to select from, all I had was SKIP, IGNORE and CANCEL?? No matter what I clicked I couldnt continue??

Can anybody please offer some advice for me please, as you can imagine its pretty frustrating and its the first difficulty I have had with an apple product.... (as you can tell I am not very computer savvy)...

Cheers
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« access mac from windows server | Time Capsule + Aliases »