New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Time Capsule Help!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

anewfoundsin

anewfoundsin is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4GHz Aluminum Macbook 2Gb RAM 250GB HD

I just got the 500GB time capsule and I want to set up the wifi network with it. All I have is my aluminum 13" macbook (v 10.5.6), my Router, & Time Capsule. I connect the ethernet cable from my modem to the back of TC in the WAN Port. Connect the Power Cable, turn TC on. On my mac I opened AirPort Utility and does a Scan and this is what it saids: "AirPort Utility was unable to fine any Apple Wireless devices. Please make sure the Apple wireless device you want to set up is plugged in and in range of your computer and then click to rescan to try again." I tried rescanning and reset all devices and same message. Can anyone help me please?
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

What your doing 'should' work but you could try connecting your macbook to one of the lan ports on your TC and then re-scanning with the Airport Utility.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
anewfoundsin

anewfoundsin is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4GHz Aluminum Macbook 2Gb RAM 250GB HD

the reset did work, i got a scan but now i can establish internet connection. I guess I must of something wrong when it goes thru the steps by steps. Can someone PLEASE help me thru the steps by steps. I dont understand half of the questions!
QUOTE Thanks
wijo

wijo is on a distinguished road

we have the same problem anewfoundsin!!!
QUOTE Thanks
mojonandha

mojonandha will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/air...tml#post638153

Try these steps guys.

I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own. - Woody Allen
Join us in IRC http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/schwebs-lounge/11677-mac-forums-irc-chat.html
QUOTE Thanks
wijo

wijo is on a distinguished road

I finally identified my problem!
My system detects interference from other wireless networks. That's the reason why I can't connect.

Now everything's working fine after I reset my TC & setup manually and changed the channel.

anewfoundsin, if you're still having the same problem maybe that's the solution you're looking for. Feel free to ask me if you need help.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Time Capsule Problem | More Time Capsule set up problems »